Extended 4-H PYD Champion Application Now Open Through January 15, 2022
This opportunity is open only to 4-H professionals from LGUs that current do not have two PYD champions in place. Please check here to see if your LGU qualifies before applying.
The Regional 4-H PYD Champion Network is made up of two 4-H professionals from Land-Grant Universities (LGUs) across the five Extension Regions. Champions are chosen through a competitive application process for a two or three year term. Champions will work together in their Extension regions under the leadership of a national facilitator to advance the consistent use of the 4-H Thriving Model as the theory of positive youth development for 4-H. Regional networks will focus primarily on capacity building efforts for 4-H professionals and volunteers, with a special focus on consistent orientation for onboarding new 4-H professionals.
- 4-H professional status
- Desire to establish a consistent model of PYD across the 4-H system
- Experience in leading professional capacity building efforts
- Commitment to a three-year term (some initial terms will be two-years to stagger turn over)
- Commitment to active participation and leadership in regional network activities, including monthly virtual gatherings and at least one sub-group effort
- Available dedicated time for participation (approximately 5-10 hours/month)
- Confidence in teaching and leading
- Support from State 4-H Program leader and immediate supervisor
- Travel support to attend one in-person session annually (pending additional funding, typically in conjunction with the NAE4-HYDP Conference)
- Completed application (on-line)
- Completed support information from state 4-H program leader and immediate supervisor (on-line)
Applications to become a 4-H Thriving Champion involve two steps. Both steps must be completed by the due date for full consideration.
Step One: Complete on-line application at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/X3HHGYR
Step Two: Have state program leader and direct supervisor (if different) complete on-line nomination form at:
Program Leader: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/XGQNRPQ
Direct Supervisor: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/XGBFVXR
Note: It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure program leader and supervisor nominations are submitted on time. Applications without these nominations will be considered incomplete.
Application Due Date: January 15, 2022
Notification of Application Decision: February 1, 2022
For More Information
Questions about the Regional 4-H PYD Champion Network application process can be directed to Maria Walker, Network Facilitator, at firstname.lastname@example.org