Regional 4-H PYD Champion Network Application
This opportunity is open only to 4-H professionals from LGUs that current do not have two PYD champions in place. Please check here to see if your LGU qualifies before applying.
The Regional 4-H PYD Champion Network is made up of two 4-H professionals from Land-Grant Universities (LGUs) across the five Extension Regions. Champions are chosen through a competitive application process for a two or three year term. Champions will work together in their Extension regions under the leadership of a national facilitator to advance the consistent use of the 4-H Thriving Model as the theory of positive youth development for 4-H. Regional networks will focus primarily on capacity building efforts for 4-H professionals and volunteers, with a special focus on promoting a consistent, correct, and complete understanding of positive youth development in their state and region.
- 4-H professional status
- Desire to establish a consistent model of PYD across the 4-H system
- Experience in leading professional capacity building efforts
- Commitment to a three-year term (some initial terms will be two-years to stagger turn over)
- Commitment to active participation and leadership in regional network activities, including monthly virtual gatherings and at least one sub-group effort
- Available dedicated time for participation (approximately 5-10 hours/month)
- Confidence in teaching and leading
- Support from State 4-H Program leader and immediate supervisor
- Travel support to attend one in-person session annually (pending additional funding, typically in conjunction with the NAE4-HYDP Conference)
Applications to become a 4-H Thriving Champion involve the following applications:
- Complete the 4-H PYD Champion application application (on-line)
- Secure a support nomination from state 4-H program leader (on-line)
- Secure a support nomination from immediate supervisor (if other than your state 4-H program leader; on-line)
Note: It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure program leader and supervisor nominations are submitted on time. Applications without these nominations will be considered incomplete.
Applications are accepted twice yearly and are due on July 31 or December 31 each year. The application links will be open 30 days prior to the due date.
Notification of Application Decision: January and August 15th
For More Information
Questions about the Regional 4-H PYD Champion Network application process can be directed to Maria Walker, Network Facilitator, at firstname.lastname@example.org