High Quality Programs
4-H is a place to belong, and this is a key feature in the design of its high quality program environments. 4-H environments allow each child to grow and develop according to the directions and timing of their individual interests and abilities. Belonging is fostered by the following program characteristics:
- Youth are safe at 4-H events, secure in knowing their ideas matter.
- Youth work in an environment they can trust to be positive and supportive.
- Youth are challenged sometimes, and encouraged to persevere when adversity arises.
- Youth are reminded to believe in their abilities as they build new skills.
- 4-H is a place where a young person’s family, school, and community can all come together.